Re: [APD] Vortex

>Coming back to the vortex.  I am no where near as experienced as most of
>your guys out there, but I have been at this for a few years now.  I have to
>say that every experience with the damn machine has not been without
>incident.  Mostly I end up getting soaked, occasionally I have blasted water
>over the electrics and I have coated everything I own (including the poor
>fish) with wet and dry diatomaceous earth more times than I can shake a
>stick at.  I have now resorted to attaching the hoses with galvanized metal
>hose clips (jubilee clips to my fellow brits), so I have cut down somewhat
>on the dousing.  Over the years on this list I have seen some big names on
>this list disparage of similar experiences, so I know it's not the easiest
>piece of equipment to deal with.  Is there a better alternative these days.

Not really. But there are a few tips to tame the savage beast and I'm
happy to report my days of filling tanks with diatom powder are over;
there is some technique, some skill and some plain old damn fool luck.

http://aquaria.net/articles/filter/

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net