Re: [APD] Leaky Eheim -- drips and the ring of truth

The old 2213 and other models in that series of Eheim
leaked rather easily if the o-ring wasn't seated jsut right
and a little vaseline helped to get them in place. The
newer 2213, etc. have an improved design with a recess that
holds the oring inplace.  The 2208 and related models have
bit diff design but include a recess that hold the oring in
place -- but a little vaseline on the oring can help hold
it in place when installing the oring.

Putting the vaseline on the oring in the primer is
necessary to keep the primer working properly -- a clear
sign that more vaseline is needed is when the primer
doesn't seem to prime anymore, has limited travel and when
water seeps out of the pump/motor housing inthe area where
the cord exits the pump/motor housing.

sh.
--- Billionzz at aol_com wrote:

> I recently had to replace the o-ring on my 2028. I
> couldn't see or feel any
> defects on the old o-ring but it continued to leak and
> cleaning it and  the
> o-ring bed did nothing to help it, so I had to purchase a
> new one.
>
> The vaseline that comes with the 2026 and the 2028 is for
> lubricating the
> bed of the o-ring that is in the priming section.
>
> Bill VanHorn

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT