Re: [APD] Re: ah supply reflectors

I'm really interested in this comment because looking at my 65 watt CF 6700k
tube and my 39 watt t5 tube's reflection and directly (both are new tubes)
the 39 watt 'looks' much brighter and stronger. OK it's not a scientific
approach but I've also read somewhere (amoungst my 100's of aquarium
bookmarks) that T5's produce more lumens (?) than regular t8's and t12's and
if a Cfis one bent into 1/2 then shouldn't the 65watt tube be 'brighter'
than my 39 watt? Or is the 6500k vs 6700k is where the difference is from?

My friend built the PVC cut into 1/2 lined with mylar and another purchased
a T5 dual reflector (around $40), I must say what a difference with and
without the reflector, you can (once again) 'see' the difference with your
eyes. When put side to side the $30 reflector designed for t5 (I guess in a
M or batwing format) seemed brghter.

Oh few more questions while I'm at it =)

2) Conductivity meter, ok I have one from my discus days but heh, it it
measures in micro siemens (sp?) can I use this to calculate/test the water
hardness? GH?kH?

3) How does hanging my flourscent fixture affect the (I guess this is the
word) strength of the light, I recently changed my lights from sitting on
top of my tank to about 5" above my tank. Good side is I can work on my tank
with lights on, bad sideis it doesn't seem as bright as before.

Thx
Raymond

Message: 6