RE: [APD] Re: Eheim for sump pump

While we're onthe subject, does anyone have a source for
3-4 (or 5-6 or 1-2) turnovers per hour being better or
worse than the other rates? The only references I've found
are alusions to other references to other references. . .
In other words, I can find the proposition but not the data
behind it.

The closest I've found to data is something like, "seems to
work well" or "many people suggest".

I think a range of about 1-10 times per hour works out fine
for most applications -- the high side being better for the
fish from fast streams and the low side for fish from
stiller waters. RE filtration, anywhere inthe range seems
to work well and many people suggest 1, or 2, or 3. . . or
10. . .

sh
--- "Wise, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Wise at lgeenergy.com> wrote:

> You want to shoot for 3-4 times total tank volume per
> hour.  So, if you
> have a 90 gallon, you want a pump that will do at least
> 360 gph.

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT