Re: [APD] Waiter waiter there's a fly in my soup!

The diatomaceous powder is a problem for the gills so keep
an eye on them.

I'd turn off the filter and pur out the water and then let
powder inthe the poured water settle then net the fish out.
If you're lucky the powder will first come off is sheets
and you can pur the water without getting too much powder
sturred up -- but that would take a lot of luck.

Otoh, if there were any parasites in the gills, the
parasites are goners.

good luck,
sh
--- Joanna Curtis <joanna_curtis at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Seriously folks,
>

> The strainer somehow got detached from the intake tube of
> my vortex.  Now I
> have half a dozen harlequin rasboras swimming around
> inside the glass jar.
> Someone please tell me what is the safest way of
> extracting them.  Is all
> that diatomaceous earth going to get stuck in their gills
> - I can't bear it.
>

> I promise I'll never let my babies alone in the bathtub
> again if someone can
> save them for me.
>

> Thx
>

> Seriously emotionally scarred in Calgary

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT