Re: [APD] AHSUPPLY's Reflectors

To be honest about it, I started my project to build a light fixture with the idea of saving money over buying something like the AH system. And, I might possibly do so, but it will be less than $10 saved. Now it is just a fun project, with the added bonus of avoiding the $20 per bulb cost for CF replacement bulbs. The percentage of light lost to reflection at the water surface, reflection from the cover glass, and absorption by the water and cover glass will be the same for any light system, so that doesn't enter into it. The reflection losses at the reflector surfaces will be greater than with AH's excellent reflector, but now I am wondering why not use actual glass mirror strips for the reflector - that should get closer to the AH reflectivity. So, for me, this hobby is about the fun of DIY as well as the fun of growing beautiful plants. Being retired gives me the time for this, and it does keep me out of trouble!