Re: [APD] Re: Leaky Eheim

It depends upon what kind of rubber the O ring is made of. It could be Buna N, or Nitrile, or a Silicone Rubber, or Ethylene Dipropylene (EPDM), or other compounds. Some are made to be used with petroleum products and others aren't. EPDM, for example, would swell up and get soft with petroleum jelly, but some Silicone Rubbers would work fine.