[APD] Orientation of CO2 Tank

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:20:58 -0500, John T. Fitch <JTFitch at fitchfamily_com> wrote:

For space reasons, it would be a better arrangment for me if I could lay my
CO2 tank on its side.  Will it still work properly?   Is it safe?  Thanks.

John T. Fitch
Web: www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html

No. The CO2 tank contains both liquid CO2 and gaseous CO2. When the tank is upright, the gas flows out of the regulator. But if used on their side, liquid will flow into the regulator, with bad consequences which I'm sure somebody else will tell you about (I'm not exactly sure what would happen, just that it isn't good).

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.