[APD] re: Cannister filters in series

I have 2 Eheims a 2026 and a 2028, do you think that they could be ran  in
series if I went thru the 2026 first and left the motor off, then ran the  motor
on the 2028 which pumps a little more water than then 2026.

The reason I am asking if this would work is because if I took the return
hose for the 2026 out of the tank with the motor off I think it would siphon the
 water out of the tank. That same pressure would be going into the 2028 just
as  if it was the original intake line.

Any thoughts on whether this would work?

Bill