From: aquatic-plants-bounces+inquartata=comcast_net at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+inquartata=comcast_net at actwin.com]On
Behalf Of Rachel Sandage
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 5:17 PM
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: Re: [APD] Eclipse systems

Any particular Eclipse you have in mind? I have the system 2, which is a 29
tall, with 2 - 15W standard fluorescent bulbs in it (towards the front, in
this case). It grows crypts, bolbitis, and anubias quite nicely, but with
the tank 2' tall and barely 1 watt per gallon, it's not a lot of light. You
can retrofit it with AH supply lights and an Eheim Eccoball internal
filter...but in that case, why by the eclipse at all, since you'd be
throwing away everything but the tank?

My son has an eclipse 6, which has similar lighting levels (I think it is an
8W bulb), but since the bulb sits so much closer to the substrate, it's
actually a fun little tank for planting.

Rachel