[APD] Re: Eheim for sump pump

Bill wrote:

>>Hi,
>>I am considering adding a sump to my tank because I like some of the
advantages,
>>such as heater in the sump, constant water level, etc..
>>I really don't know a lot about using this type of a system right now
I am
>>running an Eheim 2026 and a Eheim 2028 on my 120g tank.
>>What I would like to do is use one of these Eheims to pump the water
back
>>to the tank from my sump. So the water would be filtered thru the sump
then
>>thru  the Eheim before returning to the tank. Does this sound like
something that
>>is workable or does anyone see any problems with this?

I'd suggest instead that you use a submersible pump in your sump to
return water to your tank. Then run your Eheims off the sump so that
they pull water from the sump and return water to the sump. With this
approach you can size the submersible return pump to get the constant
circulation rate you want. You can also service your canister filters
without turning off the return pump. ~Tim