Killies (was Re: [APD] "The Aquatic Gardener" on CD)

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:43:48 -0800
From: Liz W <satirica at gmail_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] "The Aquatic Gardener" on CD
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:55:54 -0500 (EST), Richard J. Sexton
<richard at aquaria_net> wrote:

>This led me to wonder which of today's near state-of-the-art ideas will
>become generally accepted practices in 20 years,

More large groups of killifish in planted tanks.

What is the conventional wisdom against this?  I'm just starting to
look at killies.

There are over 700 species of killies already named and several hundred more known. Out of those, there are surely some good plant tank inhabitants. Unfortunately, some are territorial and meaner than cat dirt. Others are so reclusive you cannot enjoy seeing them. Just pick your species with care, and Richard's suggestion is an excellent one.

I am particularly fond of a school of Lampeyes in a planted tank.

Check out www.aka.org.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley - Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514 - whuntley at verizon_net
                      760 872-3995

...[T]he purpose and power of government is rightfully limited to protecting our natural God-given rights. The idea that government doesn't grant rights is offensive to those who wish to control our lives.
-- Walter Williams

http://www.libertarianism.com/