[APD] Nova Retrofit T5 light kit

I have been searching through Google looking for economical ways to light a 3 foot long tank. The most intriguing product I have found is the Current T5 Nova retrofit light, which is a single tube, T5 size, comes in a 36 inch length with 21 watt bulb (equivalent to 40 watt T12) and costs less than $20 per one light unit. You can get a simple bracket that links three of these, side by side in a space about 7 inches wide. The bulbs, 10,000 Kelvin or actinic are included. Has anyone tried these?