Re: [APD] MH Lighting Bulbs + quad compact flourscent bulbs

These are basically the same bulb as the two-tube 96w
square pin compact fluorescents -- instead on one bend in
the glass tube making a u-shape, there are three, making
the double-u-shape.

sh
--- Raymond Wong <rwong2k at telus_net> wrote:

> Woo? Serious? Just wanted to confirm, so any 96 watt tube
> with square pin
> works? Sweet...
>
> Thxs for the link scott,
> http://www.hellolights.com/96watquad67s.html
> Acutally I went to this one after sending that e-mail
> last night
> That's a pretty sweet price $30 USD
> but after shipping they'll prob be around the same price
> as what my LFS
> carries the coralife ones for ($80 CND around $62 USD)(+
> they don't ship to
> canada =( )
> .. For 96 watts of light doesn't seem that outrageous to
> me, but those metal
> halide bulbs are pretty inexpensive then $40 CND for
> 250watts of light...
> (but one pendant won't cover a 4' tank too well, need
> atleast 2 I believe)
>
> That's the main problem for me though, more light =
> (more?) co2 = more
> nutreients = faster plant growth = more pruning = no stem
> plants for me...
>

> Err I guess my main concern is does this $30 4-tube 96
> watt work just as
> well? So according to ur last post the coralife is just
> packaging and
> markup...so should be alright...
>
> That's enough blabbing for now
>
> Raymond
> http://atobe.deviantart.com
>

> From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
> Subject: Re: [APD] MH Lighting Bulbs + quad compact
> flourscent bulbs
> 	(2 q's)
> To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>
> >Oh another question, I recently picked up from my LFS
> for a pretty
> >cheap/awesome price, a used Coralife Aqualight. It uses
> the 96-watt 6700k
> >4-tube (quad) compact fluorescent lamp. Are these type
> of lights
> >proprietary? Or can I use alternatives?
>
> Nope. Yep - any 96W tube will work.

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT