Re: [APD] New and Rare West African Killies

>Distributing such fish does the hobby no favor, and all the species
>listed as coming in are readily available in the US or Europe from
>responsible collectors and hobbyists who put the hobby first. [Try the
>N&RSC of the AKA.] Can you tell female *similis* and *aberrans* apart?
>I'll guarantee you that the Lagos commercial exporters have never even
>tried, in the past. Forgive me if I doubt things have changed much.

Don't worry, I'm expecting the worst and at the end of the day will
rely on Oliver Lucanus, he seems to be the "one honest man" in
all of this. Here's what Haydn Pounder said this morning, which
echos yours and Tony Terceira's comments:

>From: FISHEADS02 at aol_com (Haydn Pounder)
>Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:51:32 EST
>Subject:  SJO Niger Delta
>

>Hello Richard, Does Tom know this guy in Nigeria very well? Also has he
>gotten fish from him before? Be very carefull about what these guys promise
as the
>fish are not always what they send. I am interested in some cichlids from
>Nigeria but remember I have a very good contact in Nigeria and I still let
Oliver

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net