Re: [APD] re: snail removal

Clown Loaches keep me from ever seeing a snail in their tank, no
matter how many I put in there.  They never bother java ferns,
wisteria, rotala, or crypts, but I cannot grow aponogeton crispus-they
eat the lower stems, letting the leaves float free.  This is the only
plant they've bothered, but I do not have anything as
fine/small/delicate as glosso.  They do like picking over the top
layer of gravel regularly.  Clown loaches also like being in groups,
so if you go this route, get two or three.  which means, don't get
them if you have a really small tank.
     I actually keep a 10 gallon aquarium now just full of java ferns
for the purpose of having a snail colony to give my loaches treats
from now and then.  This is their favorite food.
     Some of the other kinds of loaches do not grow so large.  Here's
your information source for these snail eating fish:
http://www.loaches.com/
Sincerely,
Chrys