Re: [APD] re: snail removal

FWIW my glosso has never been the same since I added 3 dwarf loaches (B. sidthimunki) to my 72
gallon - they seem to delight in uprooting it.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ramon<mailto:rams at onvol_net>
  To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com<mailto:aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
  Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 10:13 AM
  Subject: [APD] re: snail removal

  I agree that puffers are a good means of getting rid of snails. But unless
  you are such a purist to have a Dutch aquarium without any fish in it, then
  avoid at all costs puffers in the aquarium. Note that tiger loaches are also
  quite aggressive and not recommended. Botia Lohachata (marbled or Pakistani
  Loach)  and the dwarf loaches suggested by Terry should be up to the job
  with flying colours.

  As regard to loaches avoid at all costs :   Botia Beauforti and botia
  hymenophysa/ helodes (tiger loach), the former being highly aggressive.

  Regards, R. Vella