[APD] Re: Snails and Loaches

I second the use of loaches for the snail problem.  But clown loaches can
get pretty large.  The smaller species will eat them like popcorn also.

I keep Yo-yo (Botia almorhae), Skunk Loach (Botia horae) and Striated (Botia
striata) all together in one tank.  Not a hint of a snail.  When other tanks
get too many, I just dump them in the botia tank for quick disposal.

They are also fun little fish to watch.  Also the skunk loaches make a loud
clicking sound when they chase each other- took me awhile to figure out what
in the world was going on in that tank for awhile<g>.

Terry Barber