[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 17, Issue 17

Daphne wrote:

Karen, thanks for the information. I had never heard that 'Tropica' would
revert back with time. How disappointing. Guess we can at least depend on
'Windelov' to maintain it's form and it is beautiful. Frankly, I find
standard java gorgeous if grown well.

Thanks for letting us know though.

I don't think it's a matter of "would" revert back, I think it all HAS reverted back. I haven't heard that anyone has any that looks much like the original stuff in a number of years now. Tropica stopped even selling it as soon as they realized what was happening. And yes, Scott, You'd probably never know if you had it in your tanks now. I think that all the "normal" Java fern in my 70G between the windows in the family room is from my original 'Tropica' stock... and it doesn't look any different from any other Java fern at this point.

Karen