Re: [APD] looking for java fern 'Tropica'

Microsorum pteropus 'Tropica' is not the same as Microsorum
pteropus 'Windeløv'. The latter has the very fine branching
on the ends of the leaves. The former is more like "normal"
java except larger and fatter and the leave edges are
toothy (dentate).

And then there are other varieties within the "normal"
stuff too.

Scott H.
--- Chrys <celticchrys at gmail_com> wrote:

> Do you mean Java Fern Windelov?  I may be able to send
> you wee bit in
> the near future if that is what you are after.  IT's the
> java fern
> that has ruffled bits at the tips of the leaves.
> Sincerely,
> Chrys
>
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:21:55 -0500, Daphne Freeman
> <daphne_freeman at charter.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hey,  I am looking for java fern 'Tropica'.  Anyone
> have any they would like
> > to part with?
> >
> > Feel free to contact me off-line if you do.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Daphne

> --

=====
Christel Kassellman,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT