Re: [APD] florida flag fish, other algae consumers

At 10:07 PM 1/4/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Thanks to the advice I've gotten from people here my algae problem is under
>control -- not gone but under control. I have a couple of SAE's and some
>ramhorn snails along with a pair of Amano shrimp.  I like watching them --
>the algae consumption is a bonus.
>
>Have any of you put Florida flagfish in your planted tanks?  I am wondering
>if they are plant eaters and how good they are at consuming algae.  I am
>also curious about red cherry shrimp.  Do they eat algae as well as
>advertised and do those of you who have them find that they breed in your
>tanks?
>
>What is your prefered algae control animal?

Ammano shrimp, peiod. They're so much bigger than cherry shrimp - which are
good,
but nothing cleans like a dozen ammaos.

Flag fish did nothing for me. SAE's are ok but don't compare to ammanos.

As long as they aren't eating fish food, ammanos will eat eveything
except plants. Mine get live white worms once a week and go nuts over
them.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net