[APD] Fluorescent tubes

At 06:14 AM 1/4/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>That's fine for some folks. Unfortunately or fortunately,
>most of those bulbs aren't readily available to most folks.

I live in the middle of nowhwre and the tiny local Home Hardware store in Madoc
can order me any bulbs made on the planet.

For about $7.

If you can't find them in the big city try a small town
where nice fiernedly people will order you them.

Is $7.50 CAD a good price for Aquarelles?

>They will usually be listed in the 5000K, 6500K, 8,000K and
>10,000K range as opposed to the Home Depot assortment of
>"Kitchen", "Plant and Aquarium", warm white and cool white
>bulbs.

Eh. PLAQ bulbs don't have a meaningful K. It's 1800 or something
stupid but plants do do very very well under them. It's us that
can't handle pink so we add green to make white. Since most
other fluoro tubes are mostly green this aint hard.

But, all the major manugacturors make 2700K, 4100K, 5000K wide
spectrum, 6500K and 7500K (northlight) wide spectrum tubes as
a matter of course - they all have applications in industry,
for example 2700K tubes are used for meat displays (lotsa red),
6500K tubes for clothing etc.

GE at least also makes a 10K tube for aquaria. Philips
has the aquarelles and Osram probaly has something too,
I havn't looked.

$40 for a fancy asian made petshop "life-brite" or whatevr
tubes is just retarded, as is prices for T5 CF tubes, when
I can mix 40W 2700K and 6500K T5 GE tubes in a fitting for
$12 ea.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net