[APD] Re: Lights

>>They will usually be listed in the 5000K, 6500K, 8,000K and 10,000K
range
as opposed to the Home Depot assortment of "Kitchen", "Plant and
Aquarium",
warm white and cool white bulbs.>>

The Phillips and GE  tubes that I see at Home Depot show the Kelvin and
CRI
>on the package.  The print is kind of small, though.

I seem to remember GE Chroma 50s (T-12s) were pretty good and reasonably cheap too. I used them on a plant tank I had about 4-5 years ago and bought them for $10-12 at Orchard Supply (local hardware/garden store here in Sacramento, CA area). I had pretty good success with them as well....and the kribs had no problems with 'em either - as their frequent spawning suggested :)