Re: [APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 17, Issue 4

At 04:36 AM 1/4/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Any benefit of PCs over standard flourescent bulbs? Besides
>slightly better energy efficiency and much higher light
>output? No. Except that you can pick your bulb color temp
>by temperature rating instead of by names like "GE Plant
>and Aquarium Bulb."

Depends on the manufacturor.

If you look at the GE lighting catalogs you can get more and different
tubes in T12 than T8 or any PC/CF. I *wish* they made PLAQ in T5/PC.

Aquarium secialty manufactutors tend tomake more oddball PC/CF tubes
than say the big three of GE/Philips/Osram. But it's not like you
cant pick a color temp from any size from any manufacturor.

(Queue Wright Huntely for the Asian/Pet Shop tube diatribe)

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net