[APD] Re: USDA/Fish and Game

"This application for Neritina natalensis is denied. This organism is an
exotic organism, that does not occur in the destination state."

If that rule is accurately stated by the bureaucrat who responded, I guess
is now illegal to import ANY fish from tropical climates.  No more wild
discus, no more altums, no more clown loaches.  Unless, of course, there are
already existing populations in the state for which they are intended.

I wonder if it could mean that a Florida fish farm couldn't ship tropicals
to, say, Maine?

On the other hand, it would be legal to import hydrilla to just about
anywhere, since it occurs in (probably) all states.

Sometimes I wonder how our government functions as well as it does.

Bill