[APD] RE: NH4/algae/FBF

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:09:46 -0800, Shawn Richardson <shawn at skrichardson_com> wrote:

Pete>Thanks James for your info also (didn't know only sharks create
urea). Notice it's not quite in agreement with Toms ;) (with NH4, fish
load and algae)

NH4 is ammonium, which is excreted through the fish's gills.  Urea is
pee.  Just because urea contains NH4 doesn't mean that all NH4 is urea.
Now, I could be wrong about this, and it is really just a minor point.

I must say that I did find James' info interesting.

 Shawn Richardson
www.skrichardson.com

Urea is actually a specific chemical with the formula CO(NH2)2. You are referring to 'urine', one element of which is the chemical Urea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urea

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.