[APD] Barr method and Iron

Hi,
I have a question about the Barr  method concerning Fe and traces.
Do I understand this  right and all of the tanks Fe comes from Flourish and
separate Fe doesnât need  to be added?
Also what about  something like Seachem Trace should it be added or is using
Flourish  enough?
One more thing I  didnât understand - the following is from a recent post and
I was hoping you  could expand on it a little.
>>>You can have a fairly substantial amount of livestock in a well run tank.
NH4 is more useful for a single celled spore, perhaps as an activator  for
"germination".<<<
Thanks,Bill  VanHorn