[APD] Re: Nutrient

Regarding my lame looking H. difformis:

I'm using the chelated iron and trace elements from Homegrown Hydroponics. I mix 2 Tbs into 300 ml (Man, I'd give anything for one of those nifty electronic pan scales we used to use in the laboratory! Should've grabbed a used one off the scrap heap on my way out of chemistry.) That's why I was asking about the magnesium. In the old PMDD recipe, there was a whopping dose of epsom salts.

The H. difformis in question is in a 10 gallon tank with 45 watts of ordinary fluorescent lighting (probably less since I use old bulbs in this tank); DIY CO2 at approximately 20 ppm CO2 based on kH and pH. Since adding nutrient separately with water testing, the new growth seems to be coming back normal looking. Someone mentioned that H. difformis is a great "canary" for nutrient deficiency early warning. I was just wondering. If anything, potassium was low initially. Should be 15 to 20 ppm now, but I'm guessing.

WMC