Re: [APD] Too much CO2?

If the fish aren't at the surface "gasping", then they
should be fine. Taht might mean that they tolerate 40 ppm
or that the measurement method has some margin of error and
the CO2 level is something less. The plants could care even
less than the fish. If you have any Amano shrump, you'll
them up at the surface, or as close to it as they can
climb, before any of the fish are likely to show signs of
distress.

The CO2 does not displace any oxygen; it just messes up the
fish repsiration if it gets too high.

How small is the aquarium into which the CO2 is going? If
not very small, then it's unlikely a lethal dose will get
into the tank. If you are using a canister filter, a littel
bit of surface movement can help shed the excess. ONe of
the prices one pays for fermentation bottles is the
somewhat uneven output between over the course of a fill.

Scott H.