RE: [APD] Getting rid of Green Spot

Richard J. Sexton
Subject: RE: [APD] Getting rid of Green Spot

>CONCENTRATED PHOSPHORIC ACID IS HAZARDOUS. TAKE GREAT CARE WHERE TO STORE
>IT. USE GLASSES OR GOGGLES WHEN HANDLING. WASH HANDS IN CASE OF CONTACT.
>

>why not simply remove a plant like anubias and give it a 20-1 bleach dip
for
>about 2-3 minutes, rinse will and return to the tank. Plant is squeaky
clean
>and seems to grow even better afterwards and no worry about hazardous acid.

Fine for anubias but you wouldn't do that to a Crypt.

Woulndt peroxide work as well? Lass dangerous and expensive.

would agree with that..for sure. I don't recall any mention in the original
post about any plants other than anubias and an amazon sword however I may
have missed it. I simply find using the bleach solution to clean my anubias
easy to do, the plants come out clean and there is nothing added into the
tank providing you rinse the plant well before putting it back in.

Rick