[APD] Amano Shrimp

Hi folks,

I have several Amano Shrimp (Caridina japonica) in my big tank (120 gallons). Due to the heavy plant growth, I rarely see them. But earlier this evening I DID see one and there appeared to be a "mass" of some sort, along her abdomen. The shrimp seemed to be fanning this "mass" with its swimmerets and paying it a lot of attention. Am I correct in thinking that this is an egg mass?

What are the chances of any of the baby shrimp surviving in a tank full of Rainbowfish? Should I net her out and put her into a tank by herself or just leave well enough alone?

Thanks,

James Purchase

note NEW email address: jppurchase at sympatico_ca