[APD] Funny Subject Lines

Hey gang...

While the new trend of changing subject lines "Rocky and Bullwinkle" style is quite amusing, it is messing up the threading on the archives, so perhaps we could save subject line changes for when there's an actual change in subject? I was browsing the archives, for instance this change was okay:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200412/msg00199.html

but this one didn't take:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200412/msg00181.html

I think the mail program is threading based on the first xxx characters, so some changes seem to be okay, as the archives seems to truncate the subject lines after a point... which means more importantly that the extra info added to the subject line isn't being indexed by the software anyway, so adding it to help with future searches is probably not working.

Cheers,
Jeff