[APD] Re: Neglected Tank Recovery

As the master of the neglected tank. I can tell you that tanks are remarkably resilient. Tom's suggestions are the way to go. I don't go overboard with algae clean up - just the gross and obvious stuff. As Tom has pointed out, once conditions are right and plants are growing, algae tends to go into remission. Water changes, CO2 and reestablishing the nutrients will do the trick. Plus, it takes a while to get a seasoned substrate. Keep at it for a month, and you'll be amazed.

PS - Thanks to all for all the advice on cover glass and PCs.

Bill