[APD] Re: Power Compacts

> Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:31:05 -0800 (PST)
> From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
>
> I've seen lamp sockets presented as water-resistant but
> never waterproof. Waterproof sockets will be hard to find.
> But some common sense can guide one a long way.
>
> If the pins develop any corrosion, then they are probably
> getting too much moisture.
>
> Scott H.

Like Scott said, you'll probably not going to find "waterproof" sockets.
The term "waterproof" indicates (at least in my profession) that the
product was tested submerged under water to a certain depth, for a certain
amount of time.  To pass, no water can enter the product.

OTOH, "water resistant" products are tested in either a high humidity
environment, or an environment which simulates a rainstorm and possibly
driving winds.

So, there's a big difference between the two.

Bob Ashcraft