Re: [APD] Re: Power Compacts

Corrosion sometimes occurs on the pins and the socket
connections. If you haven't seen it or had it happen,
great. Other have not been as fortunate. It's not the
encsed parts that are subject to corrosion but he parts
that expsoed to air and what the air contains. Not
surprising -- it's hard to generalize from one tank to
many.

sh
--- Tom Wood <tomwood2 at flash_net> wrote:

> Huh, I have bare 96W AHSupply lamps/reflectors 4" over my
> 90 and
> it's just not a problem. GFI outlet protected of course.
> But it's
> copper wire wrapped in plastic, attached to copper
> connections
> inside a plastic fitting, stuck onto copper pins encased
> in
> ceramic at the base of the lamp. Aluminum reflectors and
> stainless steel lamp holders. What's to corrode? Even
> after a
> long day's night I can't feel any wetness on anything
> anyway.
> ::shrug::
>
> TW
>
> PS: This is just my experience and not a recommendation.
> If you
> try this and kill yourself, it's not my fault. ;-/

=====
--- Christel Kassellman is returning to America! ---
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies will feature Christel, author of _Aquarium Plants_, among its speakers at its 30th Annual Convention. It's the longest running consecutive general tropical fish convention in the country and one of the most fun to attend.

March 18-20, 2005
Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT