Re: [APD] lights/cover

Relevent? Why sure!

I assume we're talking about flos and not MHs. I wouldn't
expect eggcrate to hold up well if close to an MH bulb.

Eggcrate probably isn't necessary over the entire tank top
just to support the lights. One might acheive the same
results with some well-placed strips of acrylic. But the
eggcrate is probably chaper to obtain.

Scott H.
--- Sandra Derrick <mygenericemailname at yahoo_com> wrote:

> I do not know if this is relevant, but several people in
> my aquarium club use egg-crate style covers to support
> the lights; these direct the light straight down, keep a
> slight buffer between lights and tank top (most folks are
> using them on reef tanks where heat dissapation is an
> issue) and at around $6- are dirt cheap for a 2'X4' piece
> at home depo. you might have to brace them on larger
> tanks but it is easier to simply zip-tie 2 together. A
> friend of mine has this type of cover on his 120 reef w/
> well over 500watts of light on it.
> Sandi

=====
--- Christel Kassellman is returning to America! ---
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies will feature Christel, author of _Aquarium Plants_, among its speakers at its 30th Annual Convention. It's the longest running consecutive general tropical fish convention in the country and one of the most fun to attend.

March 18-20, 2005
Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT