[APD] lights/cover

I do not know if this is relevant, but several people in my aquarium club use egg-crate style covers to support the lights; these direct the light straight down, keep a slight buffer between lights and tank top (most folks are using them on reef tanks where heat dissapation is an issue) and at around $6- are dirt cheap for a 2'X4' piece at home depo. you might have to brace them on larger tanks but it is easier to simply zip-tie 2 together. A friend of mine has this type of cover on his 120 reef w/ well over 500watts of light on it.
Sandi