Re: [APD] Re: Power Compacts

It's really no more necessary with PCs than other
fluorescents, at least provided that you are not
overdriving them and getting them much hotter than they
were designed to run. If very hot, they are more likely to
crack if water gets on them.

And of course, you run the same risks of electrical shock
hazard unless you can keep the sockets dry. I don't think
any lamp manufacturer would recommend running fluorescents
over and clsoe to open water.

And a GFCI is always a good idea.

Scott H.