Re: [APD] Collecting in foreign countries

At 09:07 AM 12/6/2004 -0800, Kyle Williams wrote:

>Before anyone gets too carried away with running to a foreign land such as
Borneo or Malaysia you'd better look into all the details of getting those
plants.  I'm a professional botanist and I regularly (1-2x per year) go to
SE Asia to collect plants for my research.  Indonesia and Malaysia have
become much tougher to collect plants in, even for researchers.

Do you happen to know the rules for Borneo? And does canada require an
export permit do
you happen to know?

Paperwork wrecks everything. But it's not a show stopper.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net