[APD] Re: Lawsuit palooza

William Cwirla wrote:

More evidence for not ducking out of jury duty, especially if you are
reasonably intelligent, literate, and sane.
WMC

On Dec 4, 2004, at 9:03 AM, aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com wrote:

  The Annual Stella Awards.

  The Stellas are named after 81 year old Stella Liebeck who spilled coffee
on
  herself and successfully sued McDonald's. That case inspired the Stella
  Awards for the most frivolous successful lawsuits in the United States.
<Stella Liebeck sustained burns that required skin grafts and rehabilitation
over a period of two years. Reports range that she was burned between
6-16%of her body. McDonalds refused an initial offer from to settle for
$20,000 in medical expenses. I thought it was frivolous until I read the
facts of the case. Mickey D's could have gotten out of it cheaply, but you
know the rest. BTW, she was 79 at the time, and the year was 1992.And now
back to planted tank keeping.....Regards,Dave