[APD] Help, please

I'm about to set up a low-light (the tank came with an AllGlass 32W Aquarium Bulb), low maintenance 70G tank.  I can upgrade the bulb now, but not the fixture.  I'd like to have some plants -- Anubias, Crypts, Aponogeton and any other low-light plants you'd care to recommend.  Substrate will be about 2 1/2" of Flourite at the back, tapering to 1" at the front and all topped with playground sand.  Inhabitants will be a few gold severums, a snowball pleco, and a big shoal of cories (to keep the bottom tidy).  I'm open to any and all suggestions for plants and future upgrade on the light.  Thanks so much for your help.
Fran

Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional.