[APD] Re: Neritina natalensis

>Hmmm.  Everything I have read -- so far -- indicates
that these brackish
>water snails cannot reproduce in fresh water.  As I
understand it, they lay
>eggs, but the eggs don't mature.  Is that incorrect?

It is true for Neritina reclivata.  They are the
'Olive nerites' native to Florida.  I have some in my
20 gallon, and while they do lay eggs like small
grains of rice, nothing ever comes of them.  Those
guys spend much of their life cycle in salt water.

http://cars.er.usgs.gov/pics/nativemollusks/nativemollusks/nativemollusks_38.html

Cavan Allen