Re: [APD] Tom Barr and BGA

>> From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
>> Subject: Re: [APD] Tom Barr and BGA
>> To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>>
>> Hydrogen Peroxide, 1cc/gal of 3% to kill what you have now then adjust
>> your ferts.
>>
>> It will supersaturate your water with oxygen so do it
>> as soon as you turn your lights out.
>>
>> Diatom out the dead algae in the morning.
>
>And the plants and fish don't mind?

They don't seem to. In face H202 is mentioned as a diseasse
treatment for fish in half the strength required to kill
algae. And a few years ago there was a company selling
a ceramic device that slowly leeched h202 into the water
as a "superoxygenator".

Hornwort seems to be the most sensitive. If you've killed
your hornwort, that's just enough.

Ranshorn snails seem to be the most sensitive animal I have;
the right algae killing dose is about the LD50 for these snails.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://killifish.vrx.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://www.vrx.net