[APD] RE: erythromycin for BGA

> From: REDRAGON40 at aol_com
> Subject: [APD] Re:erythromycin for BGA
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
> What dosage, etc and how long before replacing the fish? I assume they
should
> be removed first.
>
> Carol

Simple, save your money and don't buy it.
Do this:
Clean your tank well, remove all the BGA you can.
Do 50% water change.
Turn off light and CO2.
Cover tank with towle/Trash bag etc, so that no light gets in there.
Aerate if you wish or add more surface current.
Add 1/4 teaspoon per 25 gallons of tank of KNO3(=>Grant's stump remover,
see Home Depot etc)
Wait 3 days,
Remove.
Do water change again, add KNO3 back again(same amount)

Now you do not have BGA.
Now keep adding KNO3 and feed your plants.

This will prevent the BGA from ever coming back.
It's been 100% effective also.
So is erythromycin for killing it but does nothing to prevent reoccurances.

No pill will ever do that for you and no erythromycin advice has ever
suggested how to keep if from coming back without more drugs.
The NO3 connection was never made by using erythromycin.
Look to cause, not just the "cure". Then that solves the problem for the
long term and also improves the plant health.
Erythromycin does not improve plant health nor is a nutrient.

So break the Habit.
Be smart, don't start.

Regards,
Tom Barr