Re: [APD] Re: Heat exchanger - was aluminum in the aquarium

40 cfm at 11 db (a-weighted) is still terrific performance
for a small tube-axial fan. Some housed centrifugal blowers
can do that well at slow speeds, but that's incredible for
a tubeaxial fan! I'd expect a dbA rating about 3 times
larger from even a very expensive fan. Can you find out how
the measurement was made?

sh
--- Tom Wood <tomwood2 at flash_net> wrote:

> "Just curious to know where you found a 1200 CFM fan that
> only puts out 11
> dB? Brand names and models numbers, please ;<)"
>
> Whoops, that was a 1200 RPM fan moving 40 CFM.

http://www.silenx.com/productcart/pc/configurePrdz.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=75

=====
--- Christel Kassellman is returning to America! ---
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies will feature Christel, author of _Aquarium Plants_, among its speakers at its 30th Annual Convention. It's the longest running consecutive general tropical fish convention in the country and one of the most fun to attend.

March 18-20, 2005
Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT