[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 15, Issue 40

James,

>Can folks PLEASE be more careful about quoting prior messages. Ever hear of
>the correct way to "cut and paste"? Nobody needs to re-read a whole prior
>post or Heaven forbid, a whole prior edition of the Digest to get your
>point.

>To Tom Barr... [snip]...a lot of your posts are almost impossible to
>understand due to the way that you cut and paste without reference to the
>original.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't it seems.

Also, I seriously doubt anyone quotes the entire digest on purpose.  I usually understand that someone made a mistake and don't begrudge them the extra three seconds out of my day it took to scroll past it.

>I realize that this might rub some folks the wrong way, please direct any
>and all flames to damned-if-I-care.com.

While I agree with much of what you said (especially for what to call something since it has effects on how useful a search of the APD archives will be), the way you wrote your post is more of a flame than constructive criticism.  For that reason I think a lot of people here will be forwarding your message to the same address.

-Kyle