Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:24:10 -0600
From: "RJ Skall" <rjskall2 at hotmail_com>
Subject: [APD] RE: Setbacks Injecting co2 - need help
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

Bob Alston and S. Hieber, thanks for the replies. Questions: do you folks
also have this large gap of gas in the reactor body during normal operation?
Also, how far up from the bottom of the tank does your reactor sit for best
results?
What I still can't understand is that the rio powerhead I am using is even
the next model up (more gph) than the Vortex models like the ones you got
from floridadriftwood.com. The cylinder body dimensions and open cell foam
piece at the bottom are the same as well. I am running 1.5 to 2 bubbles/sec.
Last night I checked the intake of the powerhead - it wasn't clogged. But
the pH doesn't seem to be decreasing, so between that and the BBA and the
non-pearling, I don't think the plants are benefitting. I still wonder what
I could be doing wrong. Thanks again.