[APD] Re: Hydrilla

Unfortunately, in the Atlanta area, I have seen Hydrilla verticillata sold
commercially by LFSs as one of it's look alikes, Lagarosiphon major, except
Hydrilla has small serrations on the leaves and can catch on about anything.
It is also so brittle that a stem can break easily and then a whole other
plant starts. I don't believe L. major has these serrated leaves.

As Tom said, a really nasty weed, although not a bad aquarium plant, IMO.