Re: [APD] Substrate Heating

I doubt that you will find any diff using o not using
substrate coils versus any other method of heating the
aquarium. It might be slightly more energy efficient to
heat the substrate and allow convection to heat the rest of
the aquarium, but the water currents are enough, normally,
to keep the tank heated evenly.

If you're worried about the substrate being too cold, if
your tank sits over an open-bottom stand, you can place
some insulation under the tank.

Scott H.