[APD] Plant ID please

Hi Aquatic planters..

I found this plant in the paddies. I have never seen it before in books or the net.

It grows well in full sunlight and rich clayish soil. I am not a botanist but is this a fern? Seems to have whitish roots like a mat which I thought was hair algae..

The stem is delicate and snaps easily. Each whorl has 10 leaves and the leaf has some orange growth like a micro mini flower. The stem is transparent green and older stems and leaves have a white and green variegated look. On closer look with a magnifier the stem and leaves have a white coating or growth on the outside at regular intervals that gives is a pretty variegated look. You can see it starting in this picture.

http://www.qsl.net/vu2zap/aquaplant.jpg

Regards

--
Raj, vu2zap